Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Craftiness is Contagious

It's beginning to be a lot more fun creating things nowadays. With this "open schedule" of sorts, I can make whatever the hell I want. Yes, I still have some custom orders that are coming in, but I am not cramming for any specific event right now.

Plans for the Summer festival scene are creeping in on me very quickly! I just got notice of an annual festival that already has everything lined up! How's that for organization?! Other festivals are making announcements, looking for bands, performers, and vendors. Better get my ass in gear and figure out what the hell I'm going to do!

My friend Heather's been so inspired lately, I truly believe it's rubbed off on me! There is NO excuse for me not to get into my fabrics and get some shit done!

Yesterday was a fairly productive day for me. I listed another pair of panties on my Etsy shop:

This dragonfly bum has become the most popular design for my batik panties. I mean, who wouldn't want a dragonfly on their ass?? Another pair to come soon--just need to tweak a few photos.

Here's a top I made yesterday. I usually don't like to let the cat out of the bag, before I list it for sale. But ya'll are my crafty-peeps, and I don't mind showin' ya!

This one is made from all hemp jersey. I had originally planned on doing a series of large dots on the hip for the applique, but then I thought it looked kin of boring. Like, who's gonna "get" it when they see it?


I also started on a cotton calico dress yesterday. It's been a while since I'd worked with the cottons, but I was recently inspired to pick some up and get to work.

I plan on making it into one of my goddess style dresses. I won't tell you what it will end up looking like, but I will let you in on the color scheme and patchwork border I plan on sewing in.
Hopefully I'll get that dress done today and start on something else! Pin It

2 comments:

Heather {naturally crafted mama} said...

Oooo I like all the sneak peeks :) and those panties are just kick ass!

Mufyn Love said...

those panties are to dye for!

;o)
--mufyn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...