The simple dough recipe is as follows:
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups Bread Flour (I just added 1 Tbsp Vital Wheat Gluten to regular flour, which is the same thing)
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp yeast
Add those to your bread machine, according to the manufacturers instructions.
Meanwhile, prepare the filling. You'll also need to pre-heat your pizza stone in the oven at 400 degrees.
Arugula and Mushroom Filling
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 package Gimme Lean, Sausage Style
- 5-6 cremini mushrooms, chopped (about a half cup)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp each: thyme, oregano and rosemary
- 2 large handfuls of Baby Arugula (I used about half a box of organic)
- 1/4 cup water
- Heat the oil over medium high heat and saute the sausage, breaking it up with the back of a spoon until lightly browned.
- Add the mushrooms, and cook for a few minutes, until the juices come out. Add the garlic and herbs.
- Stir in the baby arugula, a small handful at a time, tossing and turning the ingredients until the arugula wilts. Add water if the pan dries out. Continue to stir and cook for a few minutes more. Turn the heat off and set the filling aside.
Cut about 2/3 of the dough and roll out into a long rectangle. Save the reminder for a small pizza for yourself. The dough will keep in the frig for about a week.
Spread 1/2 cup pizza sauce over the top, then add the filling, leaving about a 1 1/2" border of dough. Top with 1/2 cup shredded cheese. I used some cheddar, a 4 cheese Italian blend, and some sliced Havarti.
Cut 2" wide slits along the long sides. Fold the short end over the filling, then overlap the side pieces of dough, creating a braid.
Mine looks a little bit like an idiot tried to braid it. Whatever. It tastes good, and that's all I really care about.
Brush with milk and bake for about 2o minutes. Mine cooked up in about 15, so keep an eye out.
In other news, this week has been quite a creative week for me. Last weekend, the Earth Day Fest in Shepherdstown was such a success for me, it really got me inspired to work my butt off.
This dress will be my fifth dress just this week. Here's a sneek peak of one that was just finished up today:
Many of the items I've been creating will not be listed on the site or in my Etsy shop. They will be for summer inventory, heading to one of the festivals I'll be at this Summer. You can check my Facebook Fan Page for specific dates and information.